Happy Monday and welcome to a new week of trying to figure out what the heck to eat!!
With the baby, work, and the never ending pile of laundry, I’ve found myself a little pressed for time and a tad bit out of inspiration in the kitchen. I’m always looking for something quick yet satisfying, and obviously, minimal mess. This mama just cannot deal with dishes these days!
Enter this simple and elevated pantry staple meal sure to last you a couple of days for your quick lunch pleasure. With warm spices, filling lentils and chickpeas, and a refreshing dollop of Greek yogurt, this 10 minute meal is a great, balanced lunch on the go. Because let’s be honest, we could all use a little more time. Recipe below!
Passover Lacey Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted margarine
- 2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pesach chocolate of choice Dark chocolate recommended
- Melt margarine on medium low heat in a small-medium pot.
- While it’s melting, whisk together remaining ingredients in a separate bowl (except honey). Once margarine is fully melted, add in contents of bowl and honey into pot and whisk to fully combine with margarine. Whisk until all sugar is dissolved and no large clumps remains (about 1 min). Batter should be shiny and grainy but consistent. Remove from heat and set aside to thicken up.
- Heat oven to 350.
- For traditional thin crispy Lacey Cookies, rest batter for 10-20 min at room temp. For a slightly thicker chewier version rest for 30+ min in the fridge.
- After batter has rested, scoop teaspoon amounts of batter 3 inches apart on a metal sheet pan with parchment paper (this part is important! You will not get the same results with aluminum pans and without parchment paper they will stick). For chewy version, roll into tight balls.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have spread and cookies are golden brown (edges will be a deeper brown).
- Take out of the oven and cool them until they’re set 15-20 minutes. Decorate with melted chocolate however you want! Drizzle on top, sandwich two, the possibilities are endless. Let chocolate set at room temp or the fridge and enjoy!!