What makes these Passover cookies different than all other Passover cookies?
The fact that the recipe is inherently Passover friendly with no major substitutions or special Passover ingredients. These cookies are gluten free, dairy free, potato starch free, kitneyot free, but not so guilt free. This recipe is deceptively easy and it absolutely shocked me that these aren’t already a Passover staple in most homes! I’ll tell you one thing, they’re most definitely going to be on repeat for my family this Passover and for many more to come. .
I know Passover this year for many of us look a little different and may be a little more difficult than what we’re used to. With very simple ingredients these no stress cookies are an easy way to bring a little more comfort into this challenging time, and bring a sweet sugary smile to whoever’s lucky enough to eat them. Sending love and support to all during these trying times!
Passover Lacey Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted margarine
- 2/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pesach chocolate of choice Dark chocolate recommended
- Melt margarine on medium low heat in a small-medium pot.
- While it’s melting, whisk together remaining ingredients in a separate bowl (except honey). Once margarine is fully melted, add in contents of bowl and honey into pot and whisk to fully combine with margarine. Whisk until all sugar is dissolved and no large clumps remains (about 1 min). Batter should be shiny and grainy but consistent. Remove from heat and set aside to thicken up.
- Heat oven to 350.
- For traditional thin crispy Lacey Cookies, rest batter for 10-20 min at room temp. For a slightly thicker chewier version rest for 30+ min in the fridge.
- After batter has rested, scoop teaspoon amounts of batter 3 inches apart on a metal sheet pan with parchment paper (this part is important! You will not get the same results with aluminum pans and without parchment paper they will stick). For chewy version, roll into tight balls.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have spread and cookies are golden brown (edges will be a deeper brown).
- Take out of the oven and cool them until they’re set 15-20 minutes. Decorate with melted chocolate however you want! Drizzle on top, sandwich two, the possibilities are endless. Let chocolate set at room temp or the fridge and enjoy!!