Happy Chanuka!! Change up your holiday usual this year with these insanely flavorful Aloo Gobi Latkes with Tomato Chutney! Aloo Gobi is a traditional Indian dish made up of potato, cauliflower, onion, and Indian spices. When I visit home in Seattle, my first stop on the way to and from the airport is always our kosher Indian restaurant and Aloo Gobi is my all time favorite thing to get there. When thinking about how I wanted to make Chanuka special this year, this flavor combo immediately came to mind. In one bite when all the flavors come together, you’re transported to another world! Happy Holidays to all!
Aloo Gobi Latkes with Tomato Chutney
Aloo Gobi Latkes
- 5 Russet Potatos Peeled and Shredded in a medium bowl
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Sliced large
- 3 cups Small Cauliflower florets yes you want the whole florets, not riced!!
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs crushed ginger or 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Heat 3 tbs oil in pan, and add spices except salt, heat until fragrant, add ginger and garlic. Add onion and sauté until they begin to soften, 5 min, then add the cauliflower, and sauté until soft, 7 min.
- Add sauté mixture into bowl with potato, add eggs, salt, and flour and mix well.
- Fry 1/2 cup scoops of the mixture in pan, with pre-heated frying oil of choice, until each side is golden brown, about 2-3 min on each side.
- Simmer all ingredients together in a small sauce pan until tomatoes have broken down slightly and a thick sauce forms, about 5 min.
- Spread chutney on top of latkes and serve!